Early Blazon Website (12th & 13th Centuries)

This is my first link and a rather handy one at that. It's website in both French and English covering a vast array of early blazons (as the name suggests) with the heraldic designs of just about everyone I have come across to date.

It also has a very handy battle index with key people present and their arms. It is accompanied with a basic precis of each battle. Whilst my research is more comprehensive, it is nevertheless a very handy place to begin and I recommend it highly for anyone embarking on a similar battle-build in this period.

If it's still running by the time I get to the so-called First Barons War, it will be one of my first ports of call.

Early Blazon: Lewes

I don't seem to be able to link you straight into the Lewes chapter, so just click on 'Battle' link in the left margin and pick your battle.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Reserve Ward: Crossbow

RESERVE WARD KIGHTS: The Other Half

RESERVE WARD Knights: First Five