Geoffrey de Lucy: Research & Modelling
Geoffre de Lucy: Gules crusilly three pike hauriant or Geoffrey de Lucy of Newington (son of the fifth Geoffrey de Lucy and Nichole de Lucy) was born 1237, presumably in Newington, Surrey (subsumed in the greater metropolitan London). The older Geoffrey appears to have died by 1252 but I have no record of our Geoffrey’s wardship which he may have had sold off as he was only aged 15 at the time. He married Ellen de Raveningham of Dallington and Slapton (born 1241) some time before May 1257 with whom he fathered a son Geoffrey, born August 1267 in Chelmscot, Buckinghamshire. Count Map England & Wales: Surrey I can find little about this man and his involvement in the Montfortian rebellion beyond the essentials. Nothing specific indicates his particular politics other than the chroniclers placing him at Lewes with the Londoners. Geoffrey’s sister Maud de Lucy (born 1139 in Newington) married Nicholas de Segrave who you may recall commanded the Londo...
Comments
I wanted to see if you have any update to your army lists. The last versions appear to be dated in 2011 or before.
Appreciate it much.
Jim Dunnam
jimdunnam@dunnamlaw.com
jimdunnam163@gmail.com